Wednesday 25 November 2015

I'm off to Autodesk University again this year (2015).

Hope to see you there, if you see me please feel free to introduce yourself. I love meeting people who read my blog.... both of you....

If this is your first time at AU here are some tips.
  • Good luck requesting a Humidifier for your room... they're typically all gone by the time you remember. Just keep a glass of water by your bed at night.
  • Go outside at least once during the day, just to remind you what fresh air smells like.
  • Take a hand sanitizer.... germs are everywhere !!!!
  • Sleep, trust me you'll need it.. and I don't mean during sessions.
  • Dry air and carpet are a great combination to ZAP unwary bystanders.
  • Resist the urge to baa like a sheep during the line up at meal time... and if you do hear a sheep it's not me! ;-)
  • Wear comfortable shoes, your going to be on your feet all day and walking for miles (or kilometers)!
  • Meet as many people as you possibly can. This makes the AU experience more enjoyable and you can make some great contacts which you can meet next time you go. If you see me stop me and say hi. I'll give you a BIM Jedi decal (not approved by Disney).
  • It's Vegas, go down the Strip at night and also go see Fremont Street.
  • It's Vegas, enjoy yourself... but remember your there for a conference which you paid good money to attend, don't waste a day being hung over!
  • Make the event memorable... however don't be "that guy" that everyone remember for the wrong reasons.
  • Travel light. Your packing that c#@!p around with you all day... you really don't need your laptop! 
  • Sit at a different table during meals and introduce yourself to everyone at the table. Take lots of business cards.... trust me you'll need LOTS!
Finally, enjoy yourself !
It's a great opportunity to meet people. I learn the most after the sessions when I talk to people.

See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment