Wednesday 7 August 2013

Cool App

I just came across this cool app that allows you to access your Autodesk software remotely on your ipad on the Autodesk App Exchange while I was looking for the Navisworks Export Utility... Apparently the export Utility is not on the Exchange, you have to go to their web site.... 

Anyway... this cool app will allow you to remotely access your Revit (or any other Autodesk Software) on your ipad....Autodesk Remote

Autodesk® Remote is a stand-alone application for Microsoft Window 7 and 8 and is compatible with all Autodesk products. It lets you drive Autodesk software installed on your primary computer from a remote computer or iPad for fast access to native design data over standard networks. To use it, simply install Autodesk Remote on the PC you want to share. Install it again on the machine you want to connect from and start your connection. Autodesk Remote currently works in North-America only

Sounds really cool... if you have an ipad!
Now if they released that for my obsolete Playbook which they don't make anymore.  :-(

I'm either going to have to buy a ipad (ugh!) or maybe go buy myself a new Nexus 7 2013   ;-)

Android Vs Apple.. would make a good movie like the Clone Wars !!


Sc

Update: August 2013.

So I bought my self a Nexus 7, 32 Gb.
It's nice, thin light with all the bells and whistles..... but I really like my playbook... It's probably because I'm use to it but I like the ability to swipe to start it, the swipe down to bring up properties, swipe across to access other open apps and when you close an app... it's closed!
Also there's a plug in for mini HDMI which is nice to hook up to my TV. Cant do that with my Nexus 7!

I'm sure I'll get use to the Nexus 7 but it's a shame Blackberry didn't have the resources to continue this great tablet!  

So I have a iPhone, a PC laptop and now an Android tablet!
I'm multi-platform....

Sc.

No comments:

Post a Comment