- Is the Message Board information completed
- Has True North and Project north been established and used correctly
- Is the CEI Standard Project Browser being used properly
- Complete spell check
- Is all text in upper case
- Delete unnecessary Reference planes
- Revisions, Site Instructions, C/O’s been completed according to CEI Standards
- Are Annotation styles consistent with CEI Standards
- Are Dimension styles consistent with CEI Standards
- Are Drafting Lines being used where the Linework Tool would be better
- Are Line styles consistent with CEI Standards
- Is the Level of Detail in the model appropriate for the scope of work
- Are objects on the Correct Workset
Wednesday 7 November 2012
Model Integrity Checklist
I have developed a Model Integrity document to be used throughout our offices.
This document contains a checklist protocols to maintain model integrity across all CEI offices.
This is a simple check list where the auditor can verify model content and process making sure that the Building Model is constructed in accordance with CEI standards and project requirements. Verifying Model Integrity periodically throughout the project reduces the risk of incorrect modeling causing misinformation and/or additional unnecessary work.
Validation of the model provides a guide for clarifying the model file for issue, the intention being that the recipients of the model know the file is fit for use and will not require additional work to fit within the project framework. Issues can then be tracked and resolved in a timely manner as they arise.
An Audit should be carried out periodically throughout a project to verify model content integrity by the Project BIM Captain as well as by the BIM Manager.
A copy of this audit is to be kept on file as well as sent to the BIM Manager upon completion.
It's a basic two page check list. Here's an sample of some of the items:
Some of these are pretty basic and common sense but it's always good to be able to check it off and know that its been done.
Integrity in Modeling...