Friday 6 January 2012

Unloading Revit Add-In's

So I'm having some issues with the new Room Renumbering tool and as part of the debugging process I had to unload all the other Revit Add-in tools that I have....

Lance Coffey from Autodesk Technical support directed me to the Revit Clinic Blog on how to unload and Revit Add-in tools you may have.

Here is the link to that blog:
http://revitclinic.typepad.com/my_weblog/2010/05/disable-addins-for-revit-2011-products.html

Here are the basic steps on how to unload your Add-in tools.... handy to know...

Fill in the blank #### depending on what year version you are using, ie: If your using Revit 2012 input 2012 where I have shown ####

Firstly Close Revit. Yes I know it sounds stoopid but you'll be surprised how many times I have tried to monkey around with the program while I have it open.....

Then llocate the following folder:
for windows Vista and windows 7: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Revit\Addins\####

For Windows XP - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\REVIT\Addins\####

Move the add-in files from the folder above to another location. I created a folder in my add in folder called temp files and dumped the add-in files into that using the cut function.

Start Revit and your add-ins will be disabled.
When testing is complete move the add-in files back into the original folder.

Brilliant !!!!

2 comments:

  1. i have no add in files in my addin folder what do I do ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try a couple things, restart your computer then check again.
      Check the "Temp" folder.
      I'm not 100% sure but I think you can create your own add in's folder in a location that's convenient for you. This way you can manage them better.

      Delete