Wednesday 29 January 2014

Drumming and Revit

My drumming instructor has told me (not for the first time) that I need to practice more... I'm a snare drummer for our local Pipe Band the Kalamalka Highlanders Pipeband and I need to practice so I can learn more tunes, become a better drummer and improve my drumming abilities.... in short I need to practice more.!


The reason I don't practice at home as much as I should, is that it's not part of my routine. 
I need to change my routine to include 10 or 20 minutes a day of basic practice, this will make me a much better drummer and band member. I'm part of a group of great people who rely on me to perform to the best of my abilities.... the same applies to my work life. 
If you just do the same thing over and over everyday how will you add to you skill-set?

Much like Revit, unless you spend time learning the new tools, exploring the existing tools you are not familiar with or don't commonly use your skills get rusty!

Spend some time exploring your software, the more you know about Revit the better tech you'll be. By exploring the tools your not familiar with you may discover that you can use these new tools to increase your productivity and make you a more valuable employee!

Make learning part of your routine!
I'm going to go practice on my drum now.....

Sc

No comments:

Post a Comment