Here are some guide lines for when and when not to create an in-place family.
When to create a Component Family
- If there is any possibility that you'll use the family again in another project.
- If you want to schedule specific parameters of the family.
- If your using it in other locations throughout the project.
- If you need to be able to "flex" the component.
When to create a In-place Family
- If it's a unique component specific to the project.
- an unusual form or shape that will only be used once or will remain the same throughout the project.
- you don't need to schedule it.
Chances are you'll need to use it again and it's a good way to build up your component library.
Remember don't over complicate your model or your family. If you don't need the parameters or the detail in the component done include it.
The simpler these components the faster and smaller your model will be and you'll be happier.
Yes those fancy families do look impressive but so does a Lamborghini but they're a little impractical when taking the kids to the soccer field...get a Mini-Van !!
Post a Comment