This is straight from the help menu.....
You can save 2D views to create a detail library for later use in other projects. This allows for reuse and saves duplication of work. You can save views that contain only view-specific elements, such as drafting views.
· To save a single view, in the Project Browser, right-click the view and click Save to New File. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save.
· To save several views from the project, select
Save As Library View. In the Save Views dialog, select the views to save, and click OK. Navigate to the desired location, enter a file name, and click Save.
Saving Views to an External Project
Use the following procedure to save a view to an external Revit project. This operation will save the view and all elements (model elements and view-specific elements) visible in that view to a new project file.
- Select a view in the Project Browser.
- Right-click the view name, and click Save to New File.
- Enter a new name for the Revit file.
Inserting a Drafting View from Another Project
- Click Insert tab Import panel Insert from File drop-down Insert Views from File.
- In the Open dialog, select a project file, and click Open.
From the list, select an option for views to display.
- Select the views to insert, and click OK.
Post a Comment