Here is how:
- If necessary, sketch reference planes for constraining the lines in the profile but I just use the intersection of the existing reference planes as the top inside corner of my profile.
- Click Home tab > Detail panel > Line, and sketch the profile loop.
If you were creating a profile for a detailed sweep you will want to add the following steps in modify the visibility of the lines, otherwise just load the profile into your project and you'll be able to assign that profile to your sweep etc.
- To specify the detail at which the profile family displays in the project, select any of the lines of the profile sketch, and click Modify Lines tab > Visibility panel > Visibility Settings.
- Select the desired detail levels (Fine, Medium, or Coarse), and click OK.
- On the properties palette, define the Profile Usage. For example, if you are creating a mullion profile, select Mullion.
- Click OK.
- Add any dimensions required.
- Save the family.