Tuesday 20 January 2015

Evolution of the Revit Jedi

When I first started this Blog on the 1st of June 2011 came up with the name "Revit Jedi", at the time I was an Authorised Autodesk Instructor and really enjoyed teaching the AEC product line, especially Revit and AutoCAD. I use my blog as part of my tool kit to share information and knowledge to my past and present student and use it as a depository for technical sheets I had written up (aver 100 at the time).

Since that time I have become the BIM/QC Manager for CEI Architecture, a firm located in Vancouver BC as well a a member of the board of Directors for CanBIM
I am involved in a number of interesting projects of all scale, and I continue speaking at numerous events such as RTC, AU, BuildEx etc.

My role of instructor has evolved to one of "subject matter expert" in BIM, all aspects of BIM, not just Revit. I believe Revit  is an awesome tool, just like I believe ADT was way back in the late 90's. 
Software comes and goes as technology evolves, you have to be adaptable and willing to put aside your knowledge of one particular software to learn another (remember its not your knowledge of the software that makes you a valuable employee, its your knowledge and under standing of building science).

My role as CEI as BIM Manager has also evolved as I have outlined in a previous blog posting.
Hence the reason for this blog posting!

Late last year I came to the realisation that there are a lot of people out there who know Revit much better than I do, people like Marcello Sgambelluri blow me away with what they can do with Revit!
I can no longer justify the title "Revit Jedi".

My focus is now BIM... all encompassing BIM. did I mention I have BIM fatigue?
BIM is soooo much more than Revit, it not only involves software (continually evolving software) but also the mindset of those involved for the benifit of the project and each of the participants.

So I'm changing the title of this Blog to the "BIM Jedi"... and will continue to post my thoughts on BIM and share information on BIM software, process and protocols.

I hope you enjoy the blog and continue to enjoy my postings.

Sc, the BIM Jedi.





No comments:

Post a Comment