The Autodesk Help site has some great information. Here, I have taken the liberty of adding my experiences to their outline.
- Go to a default 3D view
- Draw a crossing selection box (from bottom right to top left) over all the visible elements, and delete them all
- Delete all of the project views, except for the default 3D view
- Delete all of the schedules
- Delete all of the sheets
- Delete all of the loaded families
- Delete any Design Options
- Disable Worksharing
I hope this helps, feel free to add your own tips by sending me your comments, hopefully I'll be able to add more as I come across solutions.
For additional postings and BIM information check out the BIM User Group Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OkanaganBIMUsers