Monday 9 April 2012

Mirror Project

Here is a great tool but seldom used... for good reason, not too often you have to totally flip your design.

The Mirror tool is located under the Manage Tab on the Project Location Panel (version 2012 and 2013).



You get the option to mirror along a number of different axis but you cannot pick a custom axis line.



Works great however I did get a couple error messages asking me to Review elements for correct Position and shape, Unjoin one wall from floor and a dimension that had to be deleted as the references had become invalid.

Still these are pretty minor in my opinion.
All in all the results are pretty good.

Now I just have to wrap my head around this new flipped design!!

9 comments:

  1. When I try to use the mirror project command, no matter what axis I select to mirror along, I get the same result...it always mirrors my project along the north/south axis. Is it possible I have something locked or pinned that is preventing me from getting a different result?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is occurring regardless of what four options of compass axis you select?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I have tried north to south, east to west, northeast to southwest, and northwest to southeast. With every option I get the exact same result, it is mirroring my project along the north-south axis. Thank you for trying to help me on this, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, I'll look into it latter today and get back to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for looking into this for me, I really appreciate any advice you can give me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have figured out when I look in a 3D view, it is updating the mirror project command correctly based on which option I select, but it is only mirroring all of my plan views on my sheets as the north-south axis. Hope that makes sense

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I've been swamped today.
      I'll hopefully take a look at it latter this afternoon.
      Sc

      Delete
  7. I cant seem to be able to replicate the error...Here are some tips..
    Dont select anything when mirroring the project.
    Mirror the project in a plan view not a 3D view.
    Run an audit on your project.
    Start a new project, draw a couple simple walls and doors and try to mirror this project and see if it works properly for you. It should do...
    Hope this helps...
    Sc

    ReplyDelete
  8. I finally figured out what as causing my error. The plan was orientated correctly in my site plan view but not my floor plan sheets. My floor plan view is linked to an enlarged plan call out from the site plan view. Once I rotated my enlarged plan callout 180 degrees on the site plan sheet it fixed my problem. I knew it had to be something simple I was overlooking. Thank you so very much for looking into this for me, and I appreciate all your help!

    ReplyDelete