BIM Integrity is a topic I will be writing more on soon, so keep posted!
I have recently revised this list so I'm re-posting this topic.
This checklist is part of a protocol to maintain model integrity.
Verifying Model Integrity periodically throughout the project reduces the risk of incorrect modeling causing misinformation and/or additional unnecessary work.
Validation of the model provides a guide to address any potential model issues, the intention being that the recipients of the model know the file is fit for use and will not require additional work to fit within the project framework.
This checklist allows for issues to be tracked and resolved in a timely manner as they arise.
A copy of this audit is to be kept on file as well as sent to the BIM Manager upon completion.
Here's a sample of some of the items:
- Is the Project Information Data completed
- Has True North and Project North been established and used correctly
- Is the Standard Project Browser being used properly
- Complete spell check (you will be surprised)
- Is all text in upper case
- Delete unnecessary Reference Planes and 3D views
- Purge the "coordination" model
- Revisions, Site Instructions, C/O’s been completed according to the Standards
- Are Annotation styles consistent with Standards
- Are Dimension styles consistent with Standards
- Are Drafting Lines being used where the Linework Tool would be better (and Visa Versa)
- Are Line styles consistent with Standards
- Is the Level of Detail in the model appropriate for the scope of work
- Are objects on the Correct Workset
- Is content all approved by Model Manager