Really! You may have a team of people working on your Revit project but who's in charge?
Well, the Architect of course.... Wrong!
Sure the Architect may be in charge of the project but who's managing your Revit project?
It's not the Architects, he's too busy dealing with client meetings and the contractors etc...
There may be a number of people in the office working on the project but unless there is a defined hierarchy of the Revit project team you may not be working efficiently.
That's what I have found, and have since created a structure for Revit project teams.
By structuring your team and assigning roles you create efficiency in time and productivity. Structure like this helps people concentrate on their task at hand, it also reduces overlap of work and provides some consistency in project standards, content and responsibility. Kind of takes the pressure of the projerct Architect if the Revit project is managed well.
Here's what I've implemented:
- Lead role in preparing contract documents
- Oversees creation and development of the CD’s
- Design construction details
- Coordination junior members of project team
- Organizes project team coordination and work meetings
- Oversees the project team and work schedule, Team Whip.
- Reviews drawings and identifies changes
- Completes a periodic review of the drawings using the DWG project checklist
- Coordinates other consultants (non-model specific)
- Assists with Tender
- Drawing Organization and Quality control
- Reviews and identifies changes required by the project (may be a result of client or consultant meetings)
- BIM Modeling only
- Prevent “over modeling” by others
- Manages the “I” in BIM. Information in the families and model elements.
- Defines schedulable information
- Manages family content
- Coordination off drawing standards between consultants and internal staff
- Manages the CEI drawing standards
- Manages the CEI drawing process
- Works with the Job captain on what details need to be included
- Layout/sequence of sheets
- Organization of project browser views, legends etc.
- Assist with design development
- Assist with contract documents
- Draw marked changes
- Produce detail drawings from sketches
- Research materials and finishes
- Assist with Tender
- Assist with Contract Administration
- Assist with Contract close out